Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Monday, July 10, 2006

My first day of work.


Today was the first day that I worked in the laboratory as they call it. The day began at 3 o`clock in the morning. Good thing I went to bed at 7 pm. I had to be at work at 4 am. We began with the bread. I did a lot of watching because I can not communicate with the people. Its amazing how unnecessary words are most of the time.

Once the pastry chef got there, I went and helped him. He speaksabout as much English as I speak French. So we had a fun time trying to communicate. He was very patient showing me how to do things since he could not just tell me.

As I have been sitting in this internet cafe, its pretty cool how many English songs they play. When I first got here they were playing Back Street Boys. It was pretty funny. Sometimes I almost forget that I am in Switzerland, with so much English around. But then I look at all the French signs and am reminded of how far away from home I really am.

I am not as scared as I was at first, because I have seen God provide for me on this trip. And I know it will continue. It gives me such peace about being here. I really think that I am going to love it.

4 Comments:

Blogger 15010 said...

I am glad it is you getting up at 3 am and not me for I would not be much help. But that all could change starting tomorrow when I head off to my adventures in NYC. I am reminded of seeing the Lord care for you that he will also care for me with my trip to NYC. Miss you Jennifer and you have fun learning French! Oh yeah your room is cute :-)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Mary Bell said...

Jenn!!

Like your spot!!! So glad your first day went well!!! I will be praying for your adventures in Switzerland. (You can't bring pastries back on the plane can you???)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mary Bell said...

ps--can I put your blog on as a link on mine???


mb

8:28 AM  
Blogger Chantelita said...

Yay for pastries! yay for getting up at insane hours.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home