Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Monday, August 14, 2006

Travels in a Different Foriegn Land

The other day I was talking to my good friend Annie. Hi Annie. And she suggested that I tell this story. So here goes. When I was at Covenant, one Spring Break, I went on a missions trip to Northern Ireland. Keep in mind that during Spring Break in Belfast it is cold like winter, not warming up for spring.

One night a group of about ten of us had ventured out into Belfast to look around. We ended up in front of the city hall. We were just standing there being loud obnoxious Americans. Well this guy walks by and takes my hat right off of my head and starts to walk off. Most of the group did not even notice. I was shocked and did not know what to do. I was thinking that I should chase after him but I would never be able to catch him, but I really like the hat, and what could I do? So I stand there making this strange high pitched whimper. I could not even speak. And no one in the group seems to be noticing my distress. I found out later that Lydia Fullolove (that is here real name, cool huh?) saw the whole thing. She thought the whole thing was absolutely hysterical.

So I am standing there making this strange noise. And the guy is walking off with MY HAT tucked under his arm, smoking his little cigarette. Then, he turns around and says what sounds like "Call me." Finally he walks back toward me, hands me my hat and walks off. Crazy huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home