Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Top 10 (Approximately)

As my time in Geneva begins to wind down, I have less than three weeks of work left at this point, I can't belive it; I have been thinking about what I will miss, And what I can not wait to leave behind. Let me begin with the finer point of Geneva.

11. Hearing French people speak the three English words they know to each other. They sound like little kids with their accent; I wonder if I sound like a little kid to them.

10. Rain that relieves me from the heat. It is hot again here. Although not as hot as July was. It rained almost every day in August which really helped cool things off. Actually I guess I won't miss the rain, because we have it in Atlanta, but you get the idea.

9. French Bible stuby. I literally stumbled onto this group my second day in the city. They have been such a blessing and an encouagement to me.

8. The parks where I can go to just sit and read. It is good to relax.

7. Getting mail and pachages with English books (Thanks Annie). It is so good to hear from friends in the states, but it will be even better to see them in a few weeks.

6. Smelling lilies sent from special people back home Thanks Tim). Need I say more.

5. YAGs. This stands for Young Adult Group. It is part of Evangelical Baptist Church of Geneva. This group has been such a blessing to me. It is so awesome to be with people literally from all over the world, who want to serve God. I will definitely miss them.

4. The Alps. Growing up in Chattanooga, I have a love for the mountains, and being able to visit the Alps only cemented that feeling for me.

3. Being able to take of for places like Germany and France. Situated in what seems to me the heart of Europe is amazing, because on a whim it is so easy to visit exotic places.

2. Public transportation. It is so graeat. I love not needing a car. When will Americans wise up and use this great resource? They also have sidewalks absolutely everywhere, in case you don't want to take the bus or tram.

And now my number one favorite thing about Geneva that I will most definitely miss. The lake and Jet d'Eau. This is the most beautiful spot in the city. I could sit in front of the lake for hours. When I have had a rough day I can go there and sit and I feel better. It is so beautiful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yuck. I don't blame you one bit for having these on the bottom ten! It was so great talking with you this morning, or afternoon for you! I can't wait til you get home so we can talk as long as we want (and talk about your time with you know who! :)
Love ya!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I posted on the wrong blog... your top ten are great!

4:32 PM  
Blogger SElizabeth said...

hey girl, can't believe you're already done- seems like just yesterday you told me you were going! I'm glad you've had a good time!
Susan C

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home