Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Monday, August 14, 2006

Amazing Grace

I have been reading Philip Yancy's book What's So Amazing About Grace. I highly recommend it. Grace is a gift we don't deserve and could never begin to earn. It comes completely free to the recipient and cost the world to the giver. The greatest example is God's gift of His Son to us.

I have seen so much of God's grace in my life lately, that it amazes me. No pun intended. God has taken care of me in so many ways. The other day I was buying a train ticket at a machine and it rejected my card. I was really upset and worried. I called the bank, and they said my card was fine and that it was probably the machine. So I went back and tried to buy a ticket from a person in the office. It turns out that since I was only going to be gone one day the ticket was about $20 cheaper. This was not an option with the machine. So God was taking care of me by having the machine reject my card. It was so cool.

Then later that same day, I was trying to find an English Bible study I had heard about. So I went to the guy's house and you had to have a code to get into the building. I did not know what I would do. So while I was standing there trying to come up with a plan, this guy walks up and looks in the mailbox of the person I was trying to go to see. So I said, "Darrell?" He looked at me like, "How does this strange girl know my name." I introduced myself and said I was trying to get to the Bible Study. He gave me the code so I could come back later. I was a little early. How amazing is it that the exact person I was looking for walked up and looked in his box so I would know who he was. He could have just walked right into the building, and I probably would not have said anything to him. It was awesome.

And as I have the opportunity to see so much of this beautiful country, Switzerland, I am reminded that everything in nature is a gift from God. We do not need all of these beautiful lakes and mountains, but God in His goodness gave them to us anyway.

God is amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home