Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Monday, September 18, 2006

Bottom 10

As I said before I have also been thinking about the things in Geneva I will not miss. So I guess these would be the "Bottom 10". Sorry this list might be kind of depressing.

10. Not being able to get something as simple as a library card. Because I do not have an official document with my address. I do not want to steal your silly book; I just want to read it. Swiss people are so picky.

9. Paying to use the public restroom. Its 1 Franc for men and 2 Francs for women, what in the world is up with that. I actually did not pay, because of that simple fact, but I was super close.

8. Feeling like I have "Stupid American" tatooed on my forehead fo all the world to see. Although I will obviously still be an American when I go home, it will not make me the one that is different.

7. European men. They are so forward. Can I please walk down the street in peace?

6. 500 Degree weather with no air conditioning. I don understand how the rest of the world does it. I am such a spoiled American.

5. Not being able to understand what people are saying. Although, it is incredibly rewarding when I finally do understand what the heck they are saying. Unfortunately, it is rare.

4. Doing everything by myself. Traveling, eating, sometimes even talking. I miss my friends.

3. Missing church every Sunday. Although I finally got to go yesterday, and it was so good.

2. Getting up at 4:15 AM. I do not need to say anymore about that one.

And what I will definetely not miss about this place. Not being able to pick up the phone and call friends whenever I want. I miss you all so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home