Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Life is good

Let me first apologize for being such a terrible blogger. I realize it has been a long time since I made a post, and I am sorry, but I haven't felt like I have done that much exciting stuff. I have been pretty lazy these last couple of weeks. I guess I am resting up for the exciting times to be had in Italy and Frace that begin next week. Hooray.

Work has been amazingly good. I feel like my co workers and I are beginning to be friends. I occasionally understand what they are saying which is so encouraging. Just yesterday I was able to make a relevant comment, in French, in the midst of their conversation. This has been my goal since Day One and I was so happy to finally achieve it. I even think I will be sad to leave, something I felt impossible even a few weeks ago.

I am really having fun speaking the little bit of French that I know. I feel like it is a secret code that I am beginning to crack. It is so exciting. I am beginning to seriously consider taking French classes when I get back home. I know it is a little backwards, but better late than never. Right?

Tim arives today. Needless to say, I am so excited about that. It will be wonderful to have a friend to share this with, and a friend I can easily communicate with. I have missed that so much during these 12 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home