Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Chateau Chillon and prior

When Tim finally arrived on Tuesday, I was able to surprise him at the airport. I thought I would have to work, but I ended up being able to get off and meet him. It was so good to see him after being apart for 12 weeks. I gave him a tour of the city which I had grown to love. We went to the old city which is my favorite part and the the Parc de Bastions, where the Reformation Monument is. It was just good to be in the same country again.

Then on Wednesday we set off for the Chateau Chillon outside of Montreax, on the other side of the lake. The Chateau was beautiful. It just went on and on for forever. I couln't believe how big it was. And they had pretty much everything open to the public. Which was really cool.

A view of he chateau as we were walking up to it.


View from the Chateau windows.



Then we went to Nyon to catch a boat back to Geneva. As we were exploring the city. I remembered that this is where I had been the day I forgot to bring Tim's phone number so I could call him at our appointed time. And I spent about an hour frantically emailing him. It was ironic that I was able to show the city to him in the end. We went to the beatuiful white chateaux and had lunch looking out over the lake.
The Chateau Blanc at Nyon

Then we caught the boat back to Geneva. It was a beautiful ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home