Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Layover in Milan

The cathedral
On the way from Venice to Cinque Terre we had a few hours in Milan. So we decided to go out and explore the city. I am glad we did. It was a beautiful city. They have an absolutely amazing cathedral that seats 40,000 people. The place was enormous. And words can not describe its beatuy. The outside is decorated with all of these sculptures of different people, about 1,000 all together. . . No I did not count; I read it in a book.

While we were outside admiring how magnificent the cathedral was, this guy walks up and starts putting one of those friendship type bracelets on my wrist. You know the kind you make in fifth grade. Then he proceeds to put one on Tim's wrist. The whole time he is making small talk, being all friendly. But then he asks us for a donation to I don't even know what. And we were just like, "Woah, there buddy we didn't even want your silly bracelet to begin with." Finally we just walked away. They try really hard around here to get your money.

Inside the crypt

There was a crypt that you could go and visit, with a glass coffin, which I suppose holds somebody important. It was the most elaborately decorated crypt I had ever seen.

The glass coffin in the crypt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home