Travels in Foreign Lands

This will be my opportunity to share some of my thoughts and experiences in Switzerland with my friends and family back home. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures.

Name:
Location: Japan

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Work is finished

Wow. I can't believe my internship is over. Maybe that means I am finished with school, at least for now. It has been a fun experience and I am so thankful for the opportunity I was given.

I mentioned on a previous post that they toast to everthing, at my work. It is great. So yesterday my last day we had a toast. I said goodye to everyone, collected a few email addresses, did the whole three kisses on the cheek, which I never did get used to, and left Wolfisberg Laboratory for the last time. This is such a bittersweet time, It was so strange.

Then last night Tim and I packed my bags and cleaned my room. This reminded me so much of moving out of the dorms at Covenant.

We went to the French Bible study I have been going to. That group has been such a blessing to me even if I can only understand about 30% of what they are saying. Some people in the group speak English. And that is where I made my first friend when I got to Geneva.

Then I spent my last night at Chez Wolfisberg. I didn't get much sleep. I guess I was so exited about the upcoming trip And my body has been programmed to get up at 4:00 AM. So I got up and finished packing and went to meet Tim.

So then this morning Tim and I said goodbye to Madame Junod, the leader of the French Bible Study who graciously allowed Tim to stay with her, and headed to the train station to go to Venice. I still don't believe this is real. If I am dreaming I don't want to wake up. Venice here we come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home